Thursday, April 5, 2012

Learning to Preach

I have only limited experience preaching. Moreover, what opportunities I have had to open God's Word publicly, good though they have been in so many respects, have served primarily to show how inadequate I am for the task. It is for this reason that I am thankful for a lecture series given by Bryan Chappell on "Christ-Centered Preaching" (available from Covenant Theological Seminary at http://www.worldwide-classroom.com/ or at the itunes store). Chappell, professor of Practical Theology and president of Covenant Theological Seminary, walks students step-by-step through the entire process of developing expository sermons. I've only listened to a couple of the lessons, but what I've heard has been very informative. I'm sure anyone, regardless of experience, could learn a thing or two from this man of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment