Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Great Pastor's Greatest Weakness

I was profoundly helped this evening by a quote from R.C. Sproul. It's his answer to the question "What is your greatest weakness as a pastor?" Both encouraging and convicting...

"My biggest weakness is that I am profoundly shy. I am not quick to make friends, nor even to interact with the friends I have been blessed with. Though I am confident in the depth of the love I have for the sheep under my care, I likewise understand why that love may not seem so evident to the sheep. My shyness is, I suspect, a corollary to a deeper problem, that I want to be liked. My reputation matters far more to me than it should."

Read the whole thing at http://www.ligonier.org/blog/10-important-things-ask-potential-pastor/

No comments:

Post a Comment