Monday, March 5, 2012

Stupendous Evidence of God's Grace

I was reading this morning from a sermon on Isaiah 6 entitled "Preparation for Service" by G. Campbell Morgan. The following lines struck me:

"I do not know how you all feel, my brethren, but the most stupendous evidence to my heart, every day growing, of the grace of God is not that He saves me. That is a great evidence of grace, amazing grace! But the most stupendous evidence of God's grace is that when He saves me He consents to use me. And, my brethren, one of the first qualifications for being ready is to have stood in the presence of His glory, and to have found out how unworthy I am to utter His message. God almighty is my witness that I am not speaking to you idly. Every day I am more astonished that God should use me at all."

May this ever be the posture of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment