Sunday, February 5, 2012

Off to the races...

Welcome, everyone, to my humble blog. As this is my first foray into the blogosphere as an actual blogger, you will all have to be patient with me as I figure out exactly what will happen here.
As for what I hope to have happen here, my aim is twofold.

First, and primarily, I will be focusing on the issue of preparing for pastoral ministry. As I prepare for the ministry myself, I will be posting material related to this blessed appointment. On the one hand, this means you will be provided with a window into my own journey. On the other hand, my hope is that many others will participate here and make this blog a unique place in the blogosphere where the issue of pastoral preparation- so important for the health of the minister and the church- is dealt with frankly and helpfully.

Second, and more narrowly, I will be focusing on the issue of distance seminary. I am currently working on my Master of Divinity through Moody Theological Seminary in Chicago, all of my work having been done via distance formats. Anyone who has pursued a similar path knows that distance seminary carries with it unique benefits as well as challenges. My hope is that this blog will address both sides of the distance seminary divide and provide encouragement to others walking down this road.

As a final word, don't expect too much! Consistency will most likely not be the defining feature of this blog. Nevertheless, as God enables me, I hope this effort will be a blessing to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment